Friday 23 December 2011

What Is Your Home Like?

Introduction


This post deals with describing things in general, and in particular, describing a home.







SCENARIO


Imagine you are talking to a relative, a friend or a work colleague. You are talking about where you live. The other person wants to know about your home and say to you: "what is your home like?". 

The other person could choose to be less formal and say:
¿Cómo es tu casa?

Alternatively, he/ she could choose to be more formal and say:
¿Cómo es su casa?


OUR TIP


Answering that question should be quite straight forward. You should NOT need to consider more formal or less formal replies. Just say something about your home.


Perhaps you want to mention:
  • The size of your home.
  • The features and facilities in your home.
  • The location of your home.

Here are some examples of how you could describe your home:
  • Mi casa es bastante grande  (my home is quite big).
  • Mi casa es muy pequeña  (my home is very small).
  • Mi casa es pequeña pero es muy bonita y acogedora (my home is small but nice and cosy).
  • Mi  casa es moderna y espaciosa (my home is modern and roomy).
  • Mi  casa está completamente amueblada (my is fully furnished).
  • Mi  casa tiene aire acondicionado y calefacción central (my home has air conditioning and central heating).
  • Mi  casa tiene tres dormitorios, sala/ comedor, cocina y cuarto de baño (my home has three bedrooms, living/ dining room, kitchen and bathroom).
  • Mi  casa tiene un dormitorio pequeño y dos grandes (my home has one small and two large bedrooms).
  • Las puertas de mi casa son de madera (my home's doors are made of wood).
  • Las ventanas de mi casa tienen doble cristal (my home's windows are double glazed).
  • El piso de mi casa es de parqué (my home has parquet flooring).
  • Mi  casa está en un lugar muy tranquilo (my home is in a very quiet spot).
  • Mi casa está muy bien comunicada (my home is very well communicated/ handy for public transport).
  • Mi  casa está muy cerca de mi trabajo (my home is very near my workplace).
  • Mi casa está al lado de la playa (my home is by the beach).


Notes


See further practical examples of describing places/ people/ etc.





Now you should practise answering the question:
¿Cómo es tu casa?

Spanish lessons online
Skype/ Google+ Hangout/ Facetime
Great lessons
© Copyright 2011 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: